Monday, April 13, 2009

Knitting and Planting

This is the original booty I made for a friend's new baby. They were way to big as I Make it a point to pay no attention to yarn weight and or gauge. So I am knitting the match today and they will be slippers for Indigo. He loves them



These are for Baby Ryan, I finally broke down and paid for a pattern for booties from Etsy. It was only $3.50. They are easy and super fast. I may make more to donate. I am trying to use up my yarn stash and these are perfect.


Planting, it was too cold outside for wet muddy hands so we improvised. Three whole trays of tomatoes thanks to the generous seed giving from the Marble/Winslow family. Mike is still tilling! It is taking forever to get through the hay roots but he is making progress. I am amazed at how well drained the soil is. It is Maine after all, we are in "Mud Season" but our soil is remarkably dry. This is a good thing. Fencing for the goats is arriving this week and work on the barn should be starting soon. I'm not exactly sure how Mike plans to get it all done and work. But I'll just feed the machine and do what I can to help....Ya know, from inside where it is warm. JOKING, JOKING... as long as it is 50 degrees out, I'll come out and watch.

4 comments:

Paula J. Norcott said...

you can see from the background, Indigo was "helping" me fold laundry.

Marci said...

Stumbled upon your blog via Meanest Mom and think it's interesting! I'll visit again!

Peggy said...

just found your blog and love it! Will be back.

Clone.Girl. said...

I never pay much attention to gauge or yarn weight either. It doesn't really matter if you make a scarf, but for some reason my shirts are always too big. Maine is defintely too cold for me, anything below 80 is sweater temperature.